Sunday, April 1, 2018

It's ok to be weak




How often do we pray, "Lord give me strength"?

Strength to face the day to day. Strength to face the adversities that come our way. Strength to face whatever it is that the enemy throws at us. Strength as a mother to handle the ins-and-outs of your household. Strength to deal with life through the birth of a child and strength to deal with death in the loss of a loved one. But what if I told you that we aren't meant to be that strong?

The Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 

It is through our weakness that Christ's strength is made perfect for us. When we allow ourselves to be broken and exposed, vulnerable and helpless, that is when we are able to see Christ's strength. The strength we need to make it through that endless day, those daunting hours and those minute by minute situations that make us feel like we can't go on. Isaiah 40:29 says "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." 

When we feel that showing signs of emotion during hard times is weakness, it's like we are saying, "No, that's ok God, I got this. I can handle this situation on my own without Your strength." When in all reality, you are like a shaken soda bottle, bubbling and bubbling inside with all of this built up fear, frustration, anger, sadness, and pent up emotion. One day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day, something or someone is going to twist your cap off and when they do, all of that uncut, pressed down and festered emotion is going to burst out like a destructive volcano causing more damage and harm to you and those around you. 

No matter what you are facing, there is perfect strength waiting to wrap His arms around you, waiting to embrace your weakness and wanting to cover you with His wings! The Lord "knows the hope of the helpless", He will hear their cries and comfort them! (Psalm 10:17) 

Let yourself be vulnerable, my friend, let yourself be weak because it is then that we experience the awe-inspiring strength that only comes from Jesus Christ! 

Til' next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wifey Wednesday: Your Circle of Impact

Welcome back friends and thank you for joining me for another day, another cup of coffee and another chance to fellowship!  Today I want t...