Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Rocking Chair




Welcome back friend,

We've all heard the old saying "worry is like a rocking chair, it gets you nowhere", right? Well, I want to revamp that statement by saying "worry is like a gumball machine, it spirals out of control". When we worry, we take away the trust we have in God and it's like we are saying, "God I don't trust you, I think I can do it better." Do you really want to say that to the one who created this whole universe, the one who put the stars in their place and tells the ocean where to stop flowing? Do you really and truly think that your way is better than His?

Worry is defined as the giving way to anxiety or unease; allowing one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles. Now I am not an English major or scholar by any means but get this....the dialectal British definition of this word is "choke, strangle". WHOA!! How many times have you worried over something and felt like the worry had completely taken over and you were choking? I have. Sometimes it would start by a simple little thing that I was worried about but all of a sudden...BAM, it begins to spiral out of control into nonsense worrying. The one small, tiny thing that I was worried about had now become this giant, hovering cloud of anxiety, unsureness, disappointment, sadness, and any other negative feeling that you could possibly insert here. 

Worry has damaged relationships with family, friends, it has robbed me of some of the happiest times when I truly should've been feeling blessed rather than burdened. I have worried if I am a good enough daughter, a good enough wife and mother, a good enough friend and of course, I have worried if I am a good enough Christian! Raise your hand if you've been there. Once I decided to give my life to Christ, I had to trust Him with it all, even my worries! Letting God lead my life in all aspects is a burden lifter because I don't want that responsibility of worry!

What do you worry about? Is it a task that God has given you and you aren't sure whether to press forward? Is it financial? Is it if you should have another baby? Is it, is what you are doing for God  good enough?  I am certain that whatever you are worrying about today, HE CAN HANDLE IT! In this world, there are millions of reasons why we should worry but only one reason why we shouldn't.....because God said not to! Can you hear Him saying this audibly like a mother hen, "because I said so!"?

God's Word says in Matthew 6:25-27, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Again in Philippians 4:6, His Word says, "Do not (this is a command) be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." We need to give our worries to Him, lay them at His feet and stop picking them up!! Trust that when you give your worries to God, He will take care of them for your good, one way or another!

Whatever it is that you are worried about today my friend, I pray that you will stop right now, take a moment to pray and give it up to God. Lay your worries at His feet, let Him have it and let Him take control of these things that are causing you to choke.

Be blessed friends, til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wifey Wednesday: Your Circle of Impact

Welcome back friends and thank you for joining me for another day, another cup of coffee and another chance to fellowship!  Today I want t...