Monday, July 30, 2018

Welcome back friends and happy Monday!

Are you a blue Monday kind of mom? Or a TGIF kind of mom? I want to talk to you today about working diligently at what the Lord has given us as a special and precious responsibility. I want to remind you that the mood you set in your home about your work is what your children are seeing and what they will soon follow and imitate.

As I was going to bed last night my husband said "how is it Monday already?" to which I replied, "I don't really ever look at Monday or the weekend anymore, all of my days just run together." Of course, I meant that in a non-restful busy way. 
However, this morning during my Bible study I was listening to a story by Elisabeth Elliott on "The Peaceful Home", to which she shared some insightful knowledge on how we as mother's should approach the beginning and end of the week. 

You see, everywhere we go, everything do, and everything we say, there are little eyes and ears watching and listening. So, if we are grumpy about our work, they will learn to be grumpy about theirs. Have your children ever complained about their chores? Thrown a fit after being asked to do something? Do you ever wonder where they saw or heard that? (Certain not us, right?!) Colossians 3:23 says "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Here is a command from God to do our work until Him and not the world. Now, think about it this way: God has written out your to-do list, your chores and your duties for each and every day! Are you going to grumble and complain to our Heavenly Father? "But Lord, I don't want to make my bed, I don't want to scrub the toilets again, I don't want to wash that fifth load of laundry." I seriously doubt it! We need to embrace our homemaking with a happy heart!

It's time we take back the happiness of being at home and the happiness of Mondays and beginning a new week. Don't just be a "live for the weekend" kind of person. Embrace the work God has given you everyday! Do it cheerfully, do it quickly, do it with love in your heart! The monotony of everyday chores and responsibilities can easily get us down as mother's, but if we take a different approach to what God has given us to do inside the home, we can better equip our children to be happy, healthy, hardworking adults! 

So, don't be a blue Monday or TGIF kind of mom....be a happy, cheerful, God-fearing, God-loving, every day of the week is a blessing kind of mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wifey Wednesday: Your Circle of Impact

Welcome back friends and thank you for joining me for another day, another cup of coffee and another chance to fellowship!  Today I want t...